Monday, February 18, 2013

Grand Canyon Trip with Awesome International Students from Riverside/50 feet Cliff jump



I heard form BBC news that the Grand Canyon was selected as the 

#1 location that people say they must go visit before they die.

 My father always told me to visit there while I was in America. 

Then, last summer, I got an email from a Christian organization 

telling me they had a trip to the Grand Canyon for international 

students. 

I had previously known that organization through the CBU 

International Center. 

I had nothing to do during the summer break, and it sounded really 

fun to me to go there.

 I knew it might be a great chance to meet new friends from other 

schools. In addition, it was only $200 for 3 nights and 4 days,

 which included everything. I felt it was a really good deal for me. 

Finally, I decided to go. At that moment, there was nobody from 

CBU going on the trip, so I felt a little bit lonely. However, I met a 

lot of great people from UCR and RCC.


I was asleep most of time while we drove there. It took almost 7 

hours to get there, including the time we stopped and had lunch.


 

We finally arrived at the place we stayed. 

They had log cabins for us. It was not fancy or luxurious, but I 

really liked the place that matched with the nature. 



On the first night, we had a bonfire and had time to learn about the

 Grand Canyon.  At midnight, we hiked to see the stars. 



There were numerous stars in the sky. I saw some constellations, 

like the Milky Way, and also two shooting stars. It was really 

amazing to see that, and I was lost for words on how beautiful it

 was.



On the second day, we actually went to the Grand Canyon.

 We did not have much time to hike down very far, but it was 

really fun. The scenery was grandeur. I felt like we did not have 

enough time to hike, so I really want to come back. 


Next time, I want to hike more and enjoy the Grand Canyon.

On the third day, we went on a waterside excursion.

There were cliffs that people jumped off into the water.

These cliffs were 5, 30, and 50 feet tall. We first tried the 5 feet 

cliff, and after that, several people tried the 30 feet one.  

Eventually, I was the only person who tried the 50 feet cliff in our 

group. It was very scary, and I had never jumped from that height 

before, but I did it because I did not want to miss the chance. 

This is a video that my friend took for me.



On the last day morning, we had worship time together because it 

was Sunday. Worshipping at the Grand Canyon felt different. 



Before we headed back to Riverside, we cleaned the place where

 we stayed and came back.


 


This trip was one of the most memorable trips of my life. I had so

 much fun, had experiences, and made new friends.

















18 comments:

  1. That looks like an awesome trip! Thanks for posting! Keep us updated on your adventures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for liking. I will update continually.

      Delete
  2. wow!!! Sounds like sooo much fun!!! Im Glad You Are Having a Great Time at CBU!!! Wish you the best in everything you do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You seriously jumped off a 50 foot cliff? That's siiiiiiiiiick!
    Glad to hear you're enjoying your time in the States man! Hope to hear more soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey man!!!!!! I hate you and your Grand Canyon without me adventure!!!!. Awesome blog man!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks man! u should go to Grand Canyon too! its really amazing

      Delete
  5. Awesome! That's great that you go to experience the Grand Canyon. I heard its beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You never been there? U should go ~ its awesome!

      Delete
  6. hey sounds like you had fun at grand canyon :)) i like how you put a lot of pictures with your blog. makes it easier for the readers to visualize what you went through.

    ReplyDelete
  7. envy you haha
    i also wanna go!! before i die haha. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes u should! ITs one of most beautiful place I ever been

      Delete